Is it okay to take a mental health break after 1 year of experience as a software engineer in India?

I’ve been working as a software engineer in India for a little over a year now and I’m starting to feel really burnt out. I’m considering taking a mental health break to recharge but I’m not sure if that’s a good idea. Has anyone else done this?

There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the decision of whether or not to take a mental health break after one year of experience as a software engineer in India depends on a variety of individual factors. However, some things to consider when making your decision include your current mental health status, the support system you have in place, and your financial situation. If you are feeling burnt out and think that a mental health break would help you to recharge, then it may be a good idea to take one. However, it is important to make sure that you have a solid plan in place for how you will take care of yourself during your break, as well as how you will transition back into work when you are ready.

1 Like