Is there a method to know if an offer letter is genuine or not?

I got an offer letter from a tech company in the UK and they seem to have a legit website and Linkedin page. Is there any way to check if my offer letter is fake or genuine?

I have worked for multiple organisations and have used below methods to verify the offer letters.

1. Check the email address of the sender. A fake offer letter will often have a free email address, such as Gmail or Yahoo. A genuine offer letter will come from a company email address.

2. Check the grammar and spelling in the email. A fake offer letter is likely to have errors in grammar and spelling. A genuine offer letter will be well-written and free of errors.

3. Check the company logo. A fake offer letter will often have a low-quality company logo, or no company logo at all. A genuine offer letter will have a high-quality company logo.

4. Check the contact information. A fake offer letter will often have fake contact information, such as a fake phone number or fake email address. A genuine offer letter will have real contact information.

5. Check the salary information. A fake offer letter is likely to have an unrealistic salary offer. A genuine offer letter will have a realistic salary offer.

1 Like