What are some things to keep in mind for someone doing an internship for the first time?

I’m a bit nervous about my upcoming internship. What kind of things should I be prepared for?

1 Like
  1. Start by doing some research on the company and the specific internship program. This will help you understand what to expect and give you a better sense of whether or not the internship is a good fit for you.

2. Next, reach out to your contacts and network. See if anyone you know has done an internship with the company or in the same field. They may be able to give you some insights into what the experience is like.

3. Once you have a good understanding of the company and the internship program, start preparing for the application process. This may include things like creating a resume and cover letter, or completing online applications.

4. Once you’ve been accepted into the internship program, it’s time to start getting ready for the actual experience. This may mean completing any necessary training, or simply getting organized and packing your bags.

5. During the internship, be sure to take advantage of all the opportunities that come your way. This may include networking with professionals, attending company events, or working on special projects.

6. Finally, don’t forget to debrief and reflect on your experience once it’s over. This will help you learn from your mistakes and successes, and will make it easier to decide if you want to pursue a similar career in the future.

1 Like