What are some tips to prevent or deal with burnout as a developer?

I’ve been working as a developer for about 2 years now and I’m starting to feel burnt out. I’m not sure if I should keep going or take a break. What should I do?

1. Make sure you are taking breaks throughout the day. It is important to step away from your work every few hours to give your mind a break. Go for a walk, listen to music, or chat with a friend.

2. Set realistic goals for yourself. If you are constantly putting pressure on yourself to meet unrealistic deadlines, you will quickly become overwhelmed and burnt out.

3. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. If you are feeling overwhelmed, reach out to your team members or mentors for help.

4. Make time for yourself outside of work. Make sure to schedule in some time for your hobbies and interests. This will help you to relax and de-stress.

5. Seek out professional help if you are struggling to cope with burnout on your own. A counsellor or therapist can help you to identify the root cause of your stress and develop a plan to manage it.