I’m a self-taught Developer and have been trying to look for my first software development job for a while now but most of them require experience. Are there any other ways to get my foot in the door?
There are a few ways to get a software development job when you don’t have the experience:
- Use your existing skillset to get a job in a related field. For example, if you’re a self-taught developer, you could get a job as a web developer or a QA tester. Once you’re in the door, you can start working on developing your software development skills.
- Use your network. If you know anyone who works in software development, see if they’re hiring or if they know of any openings.
- Check out job postings on online job boards. Many times, companies will post entry-level software development jobs on these boards.
- Attend job fairs. Many companies will attend job fairs to recruit entry-level employees. This is a great way to get your foot in the door.
- Use social media. LinkedIn is a great resource for finding jobs. You can also follow companies you’re interested in on Twitter and Facebook.